What you should know about COVID-19
- FAQ and latest information on coronavirus - via 98point6, our partner for virtual primary care
- Stay home and stay healthy - social distancing and quarantine infographic
- Tips to keep your home and workplace safe - CDC guidelines
- Medical attention: should you seek care from home or go in? See our section below on Telehealth options
As we learn more about this virus, expert recommendations will continue to change. Check with your doctor, public health official, and community leadership to get the most updated information about how to protect yourself. You can also find more information about COVID-19 through the following resources:
- United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- In King Co. call the Novel Coronavirus Call Center: 206-477-3977
Are you a Provider?
Coverage for COVID-19 testing and care
- If a doctor recommends you should be tested for COVID-19, you can get the FDA-approved test without pre-authorization. All costs of testing and lab services will be covered.
- If you require treatment or other healthcare services related to COVID-19, most plans are covering based on place of service like any other diagnosis. Members can confirm their plans benefits on-line using the myFirstChoice member portal or by calling customer care using the number on the back of their ID card.
Expiration of approved pre-authorizations
FCH has granted a one time courtesy extension of any approved prior authorizations that were set to expire between 3/1/2020 and 12/30/2020. Authorizations meeting this criteria will be honored through 12/31/2020. Please contact the FCH Utilization Management (UM) Department at [email protected] or 800-808-0450 if you have any questions regarding an authorization.
Telehealth - options for virtual care
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 and reduce additional strain on our healthcare systems, we are strongly encouraging people to seek virtual care whenever possible during this critical time. Many facilities and providers already offer virtual care; most First Choice Health HPA members have access to 98point6 virtual primary care.
- Medical attention: should you seek virtual care from home or go in? (Mayo clinic article)
- FCH HPA members: Log in to myFirstChoice member portal - most users will see a link to the 98point6 website, where you will find instructions for downloading the app.
- Your employer may provide access to other virtual services for primary care.
- Does your current provider have the ability to perform services virtually or via telehealth?
- "Find Care" Provider Search (available on home page): We have added the Specialty type 'Telehealth' to any provider in our system that has telehealth capabilities. Additionally, if you search for any provider via your usual methods, we have added a filter capability of 'Virtual Medicine/Telehealth' to display any type of provider that has the ability to perform services virtually or via telehealth.
- Many in-network facilities provide virtual care services. Download a current state-by-state list of facilities in-network with First Choice Health.
Getting your prescription medications
The pharmacies below are offering alternatives to in-store pick up. We recommend that you verify with the individual Pharmacy or your Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) to determine if they are contracted for optimized benefit outcomes.
Pharmacies offering free delivery during COVID-19 outbreak:
Pharmacies offering delivery (fees may apply) during COVID-19 outbreak:
- Kroger/Fred Meyer
- Axis Pharmacy Northwest: This compounding pharmacy for both human and veterinary medicines is located in Montlake Terrence, WA and offers low or no cost home delivery.
Pharmacies that offer drive-through service (for minimal contact during the COVID-19 outbreak):
Other useful information on prescription medication:
- Contact your retail pharmacy when refilling a prescription to find out if they are offering a free mail delivery service during this pandemic. The phone number is usually on the prescription bottle, and there is typically an option for speaking with a live person.
- Consider using mail order for maintenance medications. This may require a new prescription from your provider to be submitted to your mail order pharmacy, but may be an option to ensure medications are received.
The coronavirus and quarantines have had a great impact on our daily lives. It is normal to feel stress or anxiety, struggle with feelings of isolation as you work from home, or experience fear or other strong emotions. Note: People with preexisting mental health conditions should continue with their treatment and be aware of new or worsening symptoms.
- Tips for social distancing, quarantine, and isolation (SAMHSA resource)
- Mental health and coping during COVID-19 (CDC resource)
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services) (website)
- National Distress Helpline: Toll-Free: 1-800-662-4357 (English and Español)
- SMS: Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- BetterHelp - Relevant articles and advice are available from BetterHelp, our partner for online counseling.
- If you are a FCH EAP member, you and covered family members have access to free online therapy sessions by calling 800-777-4114.
- Mental Health America - Community-based non-profit addresses the needs of those living with mental illness and promoting the overall mental health of everyone nationwide. Find great tools and resources for communities and individuals to address COVID-19 and associated increased anxiety in response.
First Choice Health understands the COVID-19 pandemic means significant changes to our daily routines. At this uncertain and stressful time, we remain mindful that we're all in this together as our local communities, workplaces, and homes are impacted.
We are here to help FCH EAP members and their covered family members with any personal problems, large or small.
- Call us 24/7 at 800-777-4114 for help - virtual counseling is available
- Log into the EAP website for articles, videos, and more
- CALM app for meditation and sleep improvement - discount is available
- We offer expert help for a variety of situations. Call us for info!
- Financial: Your income and COVID-19
- Childcare and Eldercare
- Home Ownership
- Complete list of EAP programs available to members