The team at First Choice Health works passionately each year to provide an improved health outlook for its members, and as we move into 2020, our commitment to promoting healthy behavior and addressing the issues facing today's workforce remains stronger than ever.
We are proud to look back on a number of key advancements and accomplishments from 2019, including:
- The addition of new hires Anisha Sood as Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development; Ron Cornell as Director of Product Innovation; Gordon Thomson as Strategic Program Director; and Dan Brown as Chief Technology Officer.
- The expansion of EAP behavioral health access through online counseling partner BetterHelp, connecting FCH's EAP clients to the world's largest online behavioral health network.
- The launch of the COPE program (Chronic Opioid Pain and Education) aimed at reducing opioid misuse and abuse in the workplace, which has received national attention from the likes of Fast Company, Fierce Healthcare and Managed Healthcare Executive.
- The offering of a free prescription opioid use report for employers in the Puget Sound and Central Oregon areas, providing insight to local businesses about how the growing opioid epidemic might be impacting employees and providing a pathway to addressing the crisis head-on.
- Two key strategic partnerships: with Rightway Healthcare to offer members solutions to better navigate the complexity of healthcare, and with 98point6 enabling FCH to provide members with a robust virtual primary care option when seeking care.
- The launch of FCH's new, modernized logo, bringing forward-looking change in our branding to match our latest partnerships, initiatives and goals.
Our continued growth and expansion paired with our increased focus on innovative health care programs that utilize smart data speaks volumes about where we stand as an organization, along with the success of these programs in the eyes of the individuals and organizations benefiting from them.
In the year ahead, FCH will continue to focus on flexible health care administration and cost containment, giving employers of all sizes the opportunity to build a care management plan that suits each of their unique healthcare needs. We look forward to another strong year with the launch of several key initiatives, development of new strategic partnerships and hires that will lead to better health for our individual members in our coverage areas and throughout the country.